The National Museum of Ceramics and Decorative Arts „González Martí“ (Spanish: Museo Nacional de Cerámica y de las Artes Suntuarias González Martí), located in Valencia, Spain, is a museum dedicated to ceramics (with special importance to Valencian ceramics), porcelains and other decorative arts such as
textile art, traditional costumes and furniture.
Housed in the Palace of the Marqués de Dos Aguas, it was founded on 7 February 1947, from the donation of Manuel González Martí’s ceramics collection. Seven years later, once the restoration of the palace was completed, the museum opened to the public on 18 June 1954.
Hispano-Moresque ware is well represented by 13th and 14th centuries pieces decorated in green and manganese, lusterware, or other with white stanniferous enamel or cobalt blue luster. These types of Muslim ceramics gave way to the technical basics of 15th century Spanish pottery and Christian production. The Gonzalez Martí collection shows works from different places, mainly Italian and Spanish productions.
There are medieval architectonical pieces from diverse Valencian palaces and headquarters, such heraldic shields or floor tiles (orders made by aristocracy or institutions) and socarrats, destined to interior ceilings, terraces friezes, stairs or other places. Local pieces are exhibited with other contemporary of Spanish and Italian production.
Since 2012 the museum owns an 18th-century Neapolitan nativity scene that consists of 29 figures ranging between 10 and 40 cm, made with wire body, wooden limbs and terracotta head, dressed with fine period clothes and decked with rich accessories.
Between the latest showed objects, there are Modernist works of the Valencian sculptor Benlliure and some ceramic pieces of the 20th century donated by Pablo Picasso.