The National Museum of Serbia (Serbian: Народни музеј Србије, Narodni Muzej Srbije) is the largest and oldest museum in Serbia and former Yugoslavia. It is located in the central zone of Belgrade on a square area between the Republic Square, former Theatre Square, and three streets Čika Ljubina, Vasina and Laze Pačua. Its main facade is on the Republic Square. The museum was established on May 10, 1844. Since it was founded, its collection has grown to over 400,000 objects, including many foreign masterpieces. Currently, the museum is closed for renovation.
The National Museum of Serbia building was declared a Monument of Culture of Great Importance in 1979.